15th Spring Organ Series 2018
Wednesday 4th April 2018, 20.30
Artistic direction: Christina Antoniadou
St Paul’s Anglican Church
Christina Antoniadou, organ (Greece (GR))
Nikos Spanatis, contratenor (Greece (GR))
With the collaboration of ‘Thomas Tamvakos Archive of Greek Classical Composers’
“Hymns and Dithyrambs”
(Photo: Basilica de Santa Maria, February 2018,
Nikos Spanatis & Christina Antoniadou, San Sebastián, Spain)
|An original concert with works of Greek composers written exclusively fororgan and voice, from the 17th to the 21st century performed for the first time worldwide or in Greece. The concert will be introduced by the music writer, critic and researcher Thomas Tamvakos.
Δημήτριος Αγαθίδης (Dimitrios Agathides) (1828-1886) Basso no.12
Γεωργία Ταγγίρη (Georgia Tangires) (γεν./b. 1931)
Christos Anesti- (Χριστός Ανέστη)
Γκαετάνο Γκρέκο (Gaetano Greco) (1657-1728)
Σκαρλάτος Φωτεινός (Scarlat Fotino) (1894-1942)
Méditation pour orgue
Παναγιώτης Θεοδοσίου (Panagiotis Theodosiou) (γεν./b. 1964)
Recitativo, Ostinato and Toccata
Μάρκος Σοφιανόπουλος (Marco Sofianopoulo) (1952-2014)
Μάχος Παπαδόπουλος (Boris Papandopulo) (1906-1991)
Preludij za orgulje
Κώστας Νικολαΐδης (Costas Nicolaidis) (γεν./b. 1947)
πρίγκηψ Ιωάννης Καρατζάς (Prince Joan Caradja) (1835-1894)
Agnus Dei, op. 17
Κωνσταντίνος Κ(Χ)αρικιόπουλος (Const. Carikiopoulo) (1859-1935)
Ιωάννης Σινόπουλος-Ουίλσον (John Sinopoulo-Wilson) (γεν./b. 1944)
Επιλογή από τα Ancient Hellenic Processions
Dithyramb of Dionysus
Hymn to Apollo
Procession of Pallas Athens
Ζώρζ Αθανασιάδης (Georges Athanasiadès) (γεν./b. 1929)
Suite pour un grand orgue
Μάρκος Σοφιανόπουλος (Marco Sofianopulo)
Επιλογή από τα 9 Nove Spirituals
1. He never said 2. Michael Rows 3. Wade in de water 9. When the Saints
Tickets: 12 euros Information/ Tickets:
39 Panepistimou Avenue Stoa Pesmatzoglou, Athens
Online purchase: www.ticketservices.gr
Tel.: 210 7234567 Organized by: Specs’n’Arts
Production: Arte Atene
Media sponsors: ERT,
The Third Radio Programme
Christina Antoniadou, organ Greece (GR)
Christina Antoniadou received her earliest music training and diplomas in Athens, studying the piano, trumpet and theoretical lessons. As a scholar of the Friends of Music Association, she studied the organ at the Athens Concert Hall. She graduated from the Royal Academy of Music, the University of London and the Royal Conservatory of Scotland with BMus, MMus and LRAM. She has performed as a soloist and also as an accompanist in great festivals and venues all over Europe. Christina is the founder and artistic director of the Spring Organ Series (SOS). The SOS holds a European distinction from the European Festivals
Association for the quality of its concerts and it is unique in Greece. She is the organist and music director of St. Paul's Anglican Church in Athens. She teaches the organ at the ATHENAEUM International Arts Center and Conservatory as well as at the Kodály Conservatory. She is a member of the Japanese drum group Atene Daiko-Drums of the Sun, while her recent studies in film therapy have led her to the EAR Interactive Ritual Playback Theater - D. Magiou.
Emeritus member of Greek Composers Union
• Creator/founder and owner of the “THOMAS TAMVAKOS’ ARCHIVE OF GREEK CLASSICAL COMPOSERS” (since 1980) in which is included material for 4600 (approx.) Greek and Greek-heritage classical composers, since 9th century up to nowadays.
• Music writer-journalist-critic-reseacher in various music-art magazines and newspapers.
• Producer of radio transmissions for classical and jazz music.
• Producer of CD recordings and editions.
• Lecturer in various art events, congresses, concerts, etc.
• Music concerts' organizer for music of Greek classical composers.
• Organizer of several big exhibitions and concerts in various Greek cities with material from “ARCHIVE”.
• Basic collaborator in the huge 7th volumes “LEXICON OF GREEK
MUSIC” (edited by GIALELIS EDITIONS) and in other edited music editions.
• Founder of music ensemble 'KELADOS' (voice-oboe-cello-piano) and ‘FILODOS’ (4 voices) with repertoire of Greek contemporary music, presenting in various concerts and tributes.
• Co-writer of “HELLENES COMPOSERS OF THRACE” in Greek (2014) and in English (2017) with G. Constantzos and Th. Trikoupis which edited at Alexandroupolis.
• Writer of book “SP. SAMARAS’ COMPLETED DISCOGRAPHY (1904-2016) which edited at Alexandroupolis (2017).
• Member of several Music Societies in Greece and abroad.
Due to these activities he became (in order of honour to him) Emeritus Member of Artistic Forum of Greek Composers (2000), of Greek Composers Union (2003) and other. He also get several distinctions like these from Music Dept. of Aristotle University of Thessalonica (2017) and from Society of Music Teachers of East Macedonia/Thrace (2012).